Blood Bands & Accessories
Improve efficiency while ensuring safe blood transfusions
Your hospital has invested time and resources to deliver superior patient care. Yet just one patient or blood misidentification error can have serious or even fatal consequences, particularly when a hemolytic response occurs due to an incompatible transfusion.
PDC Healthcare understands the critical role of positive identification during blood transfusion and provides a unique range of blood bands to help you accurately match the right patient to the right blood every time.
PDC Healthcare’s blood bands provide unrivaled medical-grade quality to help you ensure maximum safety throughout the blood transfusion process.
THE ID PROCESS
The blood sample
1. The nurse checks the patient identification wristband against the transfusion record.
2. The nurse removes the wristband label filled with patient identifiers and applies it to the first draw tube.
3. The nurse removes matching labels and places them on each additional draw tube and on the patient medical record.
4. The nurse draws the patient blood.
5. The nurse separates the tail from the wristband and applies it to the first draw tube.
6. The nurse applies the blood band on the patient.
1. The nurse checks the blood bags The nurse can perform the transfusion. against the transfusion record number and the blood band on the patient by scanning the patient wristband and the barcode label on the blood bag.
2. A double check is performed by another nurse.
3. The nurse can perform the transfusion.